Please consider donating store-bought or handmade items that are essential to our patients.
- Books (magazines, word search, puzzles)
- Unopened travel-size toiletries (shampoos, soaps, chapsticks, etc)
HELPING HANDS PROGRAM
Helping Hands volunteers use their creative skills to create and donate handmade items (quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc.) based on the current needs of our patients. Please see below for a list of our current needs.
- Receiving blankets - urgent need
- Quilted blankets
- Baby booties
- Baby caps
These items are mainly used for patients undergoing chemotherapy at our cancer center and geriatric patients in H.E.L.P (Hospital Elder Life Program).
- Afghans (crocheted or knitted) - urgent need
- Fleece blankets or quilted blankets - urgent need
- Caps and/or scarves
- Ostomy bag covers - urgent need
- Small heart-shaped pillows for our breast cancer patients to place under their arms after surgery - urgent need
- Fidget or Sensory blankets
At this time, we are no longer accepting baby clothes and other non-blanket items not mentioned on our wish list.
A number of opportunities — from group projects to individual support — are available at JPS. Please consider conducting a drive in your community, school or workplace.
- Book and magazine drives
- Create-A-Card project
- Craft supply drives
Don’t see the project or volunteer opportunity of your dreams in the descriptions above? There are a variety of creative ways to volunteer throughout the network. Contact us about your interests and talents, and we will help create an opportunity just for you.